Thursday, December 23, 2010

So This is Christmas...



"A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear". - John Lennon

So, I recently read these lines on someone's blog:

When in fear
and when in doubt.....
Run in circles............
Scream and shout!

It was a little poem he had read in school a long time ago, and today, it truly made me smile - out loud! Me, who worries so much about everything. What if this, what if that - I think it was Neil Young who wrote "all the things I worried about never happened anyway", or something like that. After all, worrying is like a rocking chair - it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere. Anyway, there is this person I don't know (Hi John!) all the way in North Wales, who made me smile - all the way over here in snowy Quebec. James Taylor is singing "Auld Lang Syne" - it's the last day of work, the afternoon will fly by, and I say Merry Christmas to all, and thank you to John in Wales.


(Vintage Christmas card)

No comments:

Post a Comment