Friday, October 02, 2009

A Photograph for Friday

It was the morning of the 28th, the day that our Tim would leave us. I was at home sick for the 2nd day, and I would develop what seemed a very bad fever later that night - after his passing. I think the extreme emotion of the day, and all that had led up to it, made everything worse. But that morning, on his last day, I awoke to see Timmy asleep on the window seat, his breathing still heavy and laboured. He seemed larger than he was, and when I cleared my eyes a bit, I saw that tiny Chesney was snuggled by his side. I knew if I'd move, to get the camera, Chesney would awake and follow me, as kittens do. So, I just looked on this scene for awhile - it is a photo now etched in my memory only: Timmy and the little "Tim-Bit".

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to see them together.

    I'm also glad that a few cat bloggers came to visit you.

    I hope each day gets easier for you. It's never easy but it's our job as their Mom .. to know when it's the right time.

    Be at peace knowing that he was loved ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a belated happy birthday. It must not have been easy having to grieve on your special day.

    ReplyDelete